The Scottish Borders Council has announced that £670k of additional support is being made available to Borders businesses suffering from the short-term financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specifically it aims to support small businesses and the self-employed in the area who have suffered from the impacts of the pandemic since 1 October 2020 and who have been ineligible for any COVID-19 related business support since that date.
Applications for the fund will be open for a three week period from 8 February 2021 to 28 February 2021. Further information on the fund, including an application form, Borders Discretionary Business Fund
Within three weeks of the application closure date, we will determine the level of grant support that can be provided, issue decisions and make payments via BACS to applicants’ bank accounts.
To be eligible for a one-off grant through the Borders Discretionary Fund for Business, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• be a small or micro-businesses with less than 50 employees or are registered as self-employed
• be based in, or operate within, the Scottish Borders area
• not have received any other COVID-19 related business support since October 2020
• be able to evidence a demonstrable current impact on their business from COVID-19
• not currently be in receipt of state unemployment related benefits