Practice Accounts Senior/Manager – Peebles
With an ongoing growing client base, we have a requirement for an experienced Accounts Senior / Manager in our Peebles office.
As a business, we focus on exceeding our clients’ expectations and adding value to them in a commercially effective way. It is therefore essential that candidates have this same outlook.
We are looking for: Practice Accounts Senior/Manager
If you are an accounts senior/manager, experienced in general accounts practice, and with a dedication for first class client service, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Candidates will have at least 5 years of practical experience and knowledge of business and personal tax, and solid experience in the preparation of accounts files for partner review. An ability and willingness to handle discussions, correspondence and meetings with clients is crucial to this role. The right candidate will be effective as a manager, with the ability and patience to teach and train.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual who is looking for a senior team position within a rapidly growing practice, with opportunities to develop their career path for their long-term future.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Preparing limited company, sole trader and partnership accounts for partner review
• Reviewing the work of more junior members of staff and preparing for partner review
• Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns
• Preparation, finalisation and submission of VAT returns through cloud accounting software
• Managing and complying with reporting requirements and filing
You will have:
– ACCA/ICAS Qualified / qualified by experience
– Experience in a client facing role
– Experience in an accountancy firm
– Experience in cloud based accounting platforms – specifically Xero and Sage
– Ability to work autonomously
– Strong communication and administrative skills
• Company events
• Company pension
• Sick pay
• Some homeworking possible
About JRW Chartered Accountants
As one of the largest accountancy firms in the Borders, JRWCA have a team of accountancy and taxation specialists with well established procedures and a wealth of experience who help and advise clients, enabling them to get on with running their businesses. Our client base covers businesses of all sizes, from sole traders to large employers across all industries in Scotland and wider afield.
We provide the full range of accountancy services for clients, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, payroll, audit and taxation services.
The variety of work we do and the range of clients we work with mean you will have plenty of opportunity to experience a broad range of bookkeeping and accountancy issues. With our support you’ll have the space to grow professionally.
JRWCA has offices in Biggar, Edinburgh, Galashiels, Hawick, Langholm and Peebles.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent or Part-Time
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Applications by email to Brona MacDougall