Due to continued expansion, we are looking for a full time qualified Chartered Accountant to join our friendly and supportive team. Ideally you will have been qualified for at least 2 years plus and have experience of completing statutory accounts.
JRW are a growing firm with six offices across Scotland. This position is based in our Edinburgh Office. We are a flexible employer, and happy to accommodate a degree of home working. The opportunity to manage your own portfolio of clients from a wide range of different sectors will be given.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified CA or ACCA with recent experience of working in a professional accountancy firm.
- Experience of statutory accounts and corporation tax return preparation essential.
- Awareness of personal taxation of Directors, in relation to dividends, and business owners preferred.
- An experienced and proficient user of Xero cloud accounting software essential. Ideally a Xero Certified Adviser. Awareness of other packages such as Quickbooks and Freeagent preferred.
- Experience in preparation, finalisation and submission of VAT returns through cloud accounting software for Making Tax Digital purposes.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to take on responsibility.
- The ability to develop and maintain client contact and relationships.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office 365 essential and knowledge of IRIS accountancy software preferred.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- The opportunity to progress within the firm.
- Excellent working conditions in an open plan office with a friendly, supportive team.
- A hybrid pattern of working from office and home.
- Flexible working hours, including 3pm finishes on Friday’s.
- No tie policy.
- Staff pension scheme.
- Benefits including private medical insurance.
To Apply – Email or send a covering letter and CV to Brona MacDougall
Edinburgh Office: 5 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2DP